Friday, May 29, 2009

We thought the worrying was over

We are so happy to be home...but it was comforting having the supervision of the doctors and nurses. If we had questions or concerns they were just a "nurse call" push away. Now that I am filled with concerns...I find myself not wanting to ask, because I fear they will want us to bring Hannah back to the hospital. Hannah has vomited up everything that she has eaten today. The weird thing is that she does not do it immediately. It is always about one hour after she eats. I am worried and confused because she was not doing this in the hospital. She also had a low-grade fever this morning...Tylenol took care of it, but if it comes back tonight then we are for sure headed back to Nashville. We are so frustrated because our baby is still sick when she has been put through so much to get better. We also know what going back to the hospital means...a minimum of 48 hours for observation, an IV and IV fluids, a feeding tube, and sleepless nights...we know, because have been there and done that...twice. I can not put into words the hurt that I feel when I am having to hold my baby girl down so they can put an IV in or draw blood. I am so over it that I want to scream!!! I guess that is all part in being a parent.
Well, now that I have used this as my own personal therapy session...Hannah is waking up so I am going to go and give her a bath. Please pray for her to get better and to keep some food down. No more owiee's for Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment