Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Nothing spectacular happened today. The main goal of today was to get Hannah off of some medication and the Vapotherm. Hannah is tolerating things well and she is beginning to act like Hannah. She is even trying to swat the oxygen tube out of her nose! She is too cute. Hopefully, we can go to a regular room tomorrow or Friday. We have our wonderful nurse, Margo, for the third night in a row and we are glad! We have had some excellent doctors and nurses! We were excited to have aunt Sara, uncle Sam, Samuel, Steve Lipsey and David Lipsey come and visit Hannah today. It is always great to have a distraction from the stress and someone else to talk to.
I think that I have forgotten to mention Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a friend of a friend that we were to church with in Knoxville, Lauren McKissick Young. Elizabeth's daughter, Allie, has the same heart defect that Hannah has. Allie has had two open heart surgeries and six angioplasties. She is the most beautiful, energetic little thing that I have ever seen! Allie is now two years old and will require future surgeries. Elizabeth has been our saving grace. She and Allie came and introduced themselves to us while Hannah was in surgery. She shared their story with us and it is a relief to know that we are not the only parents to have ever gone through this. She has been such an inspiration to us and we thank God for bringing her into our lives. Thanks for everything Elizabeth!
This experience has made me look at my family in a new way. I believe that we are a stronger family for having gone through this experience. Hannah is a miracle and I believe that God sent her to us for a reason. While, I am not quiet sure what that reason is, I am sure that it will hit me one day. In the mean time, I thank God for Hannah everyday and I feel so fortunate to have her as my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment