Friday, June 5, 2009

Our First Anniversary with Hannah

Yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary. It was wonderful to look back to our wedding day, but it is hard to remember life without Hannah. We went out to eat as a family and I had to take Hannah outside 4 times! She is never like that. I just didn't plan ahead and give Hannah her pain medication early. I will know better next time! She has every right to be upset. She has been through more in the past three weeks than most people experience in a lifetime. We learned on Wednesday when we were discharged from the hospital that the hospital messed up and gave her 3 times the amount of Ativan that she is taking! It is still an appropriate dose for her to have, but we are trying to wean her off of it and that just set us back a little. I feel like she will not be my Hannah completely until she is off of all of this stupid medicine! Hannah weighed 13 lbs and 1 ounce on Tuesday and was 23 1/4 inches long! I can't believe how big she is already! She is almost 4 months old! My baby girl is growing up way too fast. We do not go back to the cardiologist until July 14!
She is becoming more and more like Hannah everyday. She is awake more and more everyday, she is eating more and more everyday, and most importantly, she is smiling at us more and more everyday! I think that her smiles are more beautiful than ever!
We have had an awesome week with Jonathan, Ashly and Dave! It has been great to have them all here to celebrate Dave's 60th birthday and Hannah coming home from the hospital. Although I am sure they are here just to see Hannah! Jonathan and Ashly are leaving in the morning and my parents are headed this way from east Tennessee.
Thanks, again for all of the prayers! Keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment