Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back to Normal

Hannah is doing great! She is off of some of the medication and she seems to be feeling much better. She is back to a normal sleep schedule, she is eating more and more everyday, and she is "talking" and playing with us more and more! We introduced her to applesauce yesterday and she loved it!! She is a great spoon eater.
We went to the pediatrician for a check up and she is healthy...as far as the UTI goes. We are having to travel to Jackson to the pediatrician. As many of you know...there is one pediatrician in Savannah and we do not like her at all...she did not even pick up that Hannah had tetralogy when she listened to her heart...I can listen to her heart and tell that it is not a normal beat. Anyway, I called around and no other pediatrician around here was capable of caring for a baby that just had open heart surgery...funny huh? So we are traveling an hour and a half (one way) to the doctor. We like our new doctor...she is very thorough and seems very intelligent about tetralogy. We are thankful that we found her!
I got Hannah's surgery book finished last night! I made her a book titles "Hannah's Special Heart." It is my journal entries and photos of her surgery and her stay in the hospital. I am very proud of it, because I am not a creative person at all! I am sure she will want to look back one day and see what she went through as a baby. This is a big part of who she is and I want her to embrace that and understand what a special person she is!
We have had one heck of a week! I started throwing up Sunday night and threw up all night. I went to the doctor Monday morning and was given an antibiotic for a bladder infection. My mom (who is visiting us from east tn) started throwing up Tuesday night and threw up all night. She never went to the doctor. The Wednesday night Jeff started throwing up! I have never seem him this sick since I have known him. Poor thing was miserable. He even went to the doctor Thursday morning and got an antibiotic shot for some sort of bacterial infection. I am so ready for everyone in this family to be healthy!
We are settled back in, all family has gone home, we are all healthy, and we are back to our regular schedule. Thank goodness! I am so happy to be back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment